This pdf template is designed to help you layout the Quarter Round Petal Flower design on the cake pictured above. This is for the lined template only. There are written directions within the pdf on how to use the wax paper transfer method to execute the design, but I am assuming you have already taken my first class, “Clean & Simple Cake Design” and understand how to use the wax paper transfer method. It’s an incredible easy technique that allows you to transfer any graphic or pattern onto your cake simply and precisely using this template as a guide. If you’d like to take the class, here’s a link for 50% off.
In this pdf packet, you will receive THREE layout designs for two different sized cutters giving you a total of SIX layouts for this pattern. I am using the 1/2″ and 5/8″ quarter round cutters.
You may use this template/design on a fondant, ganached or buttercream covered cake. If using buttercream, the cake must be chilled and firm in order to press on the design.
I am using the Not Just Cakes By Annie: “Quarter Round Cutter Set”
1. This pdf does NOT include information on how to create the wafer paper flower. This pdf is ONLY to provide you with the template to create the quarter round petal flower design on the second tier. This is not a tutorial…you are buying a lined design (see pictures above to show you what you are buying).
2. There will be a seam in the back of the cake with this design. Due to set cutter sizes and various cake circumferences, you will not have a perfect, continuous design. Please use this template with that in mind.
3. There are many color options with this pattern, so play with color and see how much you can change up the design. Here are a few fun options:
Have fun and please post pics so I can see all the fun you are having with these templates!
Basic Skills Necessary:
- Stack, fill, crumb coat a cake to a smooth finish or cover a cake in fondant.
- Understand how the wax paper transfer method works I teach in “Clean & Simple Cake Design” class
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- This is for any size cake. The template includes design layouts for a 4″ tall cake only. For any other size, you can cut the template down or add to it by making multiple copies for taller cakes.
- Fondant, gumpaste or modeling chocolate
- Wax paper, cellophane or parchment paper
- Not Just Cakes By Annie: “Quarter Round Cutter Set” Click HERE
- Shortening preferred (Crisco, Sweetex) or butter