This pdf packet is HUGE! There are a lot of templates and designs in this kit. It is designed to help you layout a petal flower design pattern like on the cake pictured above. This is for the lined template only. There are written directions within the pdf on how to use the wax paper transfer method to execute the design, but I am assuming you have already taken my first class, “Clean & Simple Cake Design” and understand how to use the wax paper transfer method. It’s an incredible easy technique that allows you to transfer any graphic or pattern onto your cake simply and precisely using this template as a guide. If you’d like to take the class, here’s a link for 50% off.
In this pdf packet, you will receive THREE design variations. An open diagonal petal pattern (for 4″ and 6″ cakes) an open straight lattice type petal pattern (for 4″ and 6″ cakes) and a full petal flower pattern (for 4″ and 6″ cakes – like the cake featured in the photos).
You may use this template/design on a fondant, ganached or buttercream covered cake. If using buttercream, the cake must be chilled and firm in order to press on the design.
I am using the petal cutter from the Polyform Premo Fashion Art Mini Cutter Set 12pc, found on Amazon.com or in the clay section of hobby stores like Michael’s or Joann’s.
1. This pdf does NOT include information on how to create the wafer paper flower. This pdf is ONLY to provide you with the template to create the petal patterns on the bottom tier. This is not a tutorial…you are buying a lined design to help you layout these patterns in a very clean and precise way (see pictures above to show you what you are buying).
2. There will be a seam in the back of the cake with this design. Due to set cutter sizes and various cake circumferences, you will not have a perfect, continuous design. Please use this template with that in mind.
Have fun and please post pics so I can see all the fun you are having with these templates!
Basic Skills Necessary:
- Stack, fill, crumb coat a cake to a smooth finish or cover a cake in fondant.
- Understand how the wax paper transfer method works I teach in “Clean & Simple Cake Design” class
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- This is for any size cake. The template includes options for a 4″ tall cake and 6″ tall cake. For any other size, you can cut the template down or add to it by making multiple copies for taller cakes.
- Polyform Premo Fashion Art Mini Cutter Set 12pc, found on Amazon.com or in the clay section of hobby stores like Michael’s or Joann’s.
- Fondant, gumpaste or modeling chocolate
- Shortening preferred (Crisco, Sweetex) or butter
- Wax paper, cellophane or parchment paper
- Optional: Dragees for design elements