This pdf template is designed to help you layout the morccan pattern on the cake pictured above. This is for the lined template only. There are written directions within the pdf on how to use the wax paper transfer method to execute the design, but I am assuming you have already taken my first class, “Clean & Simple Cake Design” and understand how to use the wax paper transfer method. It’s an incredible easy technique that allows you to transfer any graphic or pattern onto your cake simply and precisely using this template as a guide.
In this pdf packet, you will receive TWO layout designs for this pattern. The only differences is the spacing between the moroccan tiles. You will receive patterns which include 1/8″ and 3/16″ spacing.
You may use this template/design on a fondant, ganached or buttercream covered cake. If using buttercream, the cake must be chilled and firm in order to press on the design.
The cutter I use for this design is: Not Just Cakes By Annie: “Moroccan Cutter”
1. This pdf does NOT include information on how to create the wafer paper flower. This pdf is ONLY to provide you with the template to create the moroccan pattern on the center tier. This is not a tutorial…you are buying a lined design (see pictures above to show you what you are buying).
2. There will be a seam in the back of the cake with this design. Due to set cutter sizes and various cake circumferences, you will not have a perfect, continuous design. Please use this template with that in mind.
Have fun and please post pics so I can see all the fun you are having with these templates!
Basic Skills Necessary:
- Understand how the wax paper transfer method works I teach in “Clean & Simple Cake Design” class (click the title for 50% off!!)
- Stack, fill, crumb coat a cake to a smooth finish or cover a cake in fondant.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- This is for any size cake. The template includes options for a 4″ tall cake and 6″ tall cake. For any other size, you can cut the template down or add to it by making multiple copies for taller cakes.
- Cutter: Not Just Cakes By Annie: “Moroccan Cutter“
- Fondant, gumpaste or modeling chocolate
- Wax paper, cellophane or parchment paper
- Shortening preferred (Crisco, Sweetex) or butter