This pdf template is designed to help you layout the geometric triangle pattern on the cake pictured above. This is for the lined template only. There are written directions within the pdf on how to use the wax paper transfer method to execute the design, but I am assuming you have already taken my first class, “Clean & Simple Cake Design” and understand how to use the wax paper transfer method. It’s an incredible easy technique that allows you to transfer any graphic or pattern onto your cake simply and precisely using this template as a guide. If you’d like to take the class, here’s a link for 50% off .
In this pdf packet, you will receive THREE layout designs for this pattern. They include triangles sizes 1″, 1-1/8″ and 1-1/2″.
There are two tool/cutter options for accomplishing these designs:
Option #1: For the 1-1/8″ and 1-1/2″ triangle design, you can purchase Fat Daddio’s 9-Piece Square Nylon
Cutter Set. You will need to cut each square into 4 triangles. I used the 1-1/8″ and 1-1/2″ squares.
Option #2: For the 1″ and 1-1/2″ square design, you can purchase the “Mini Triangle Set” from Not Just
Cakes By Annie. You will not need to hand cut anything. The 1″ and the 1-1/2″ triangle are what I used for these designs.
You may use this template/design on a fondant, ganached or buttercream covered cake. If using buttercream, the cake must be chilled and firm in order to press on the design.
1. This pdf does NOT include information on how cover a cake in fondant or create a flower for the cake. This pdf is ONLY to provide you with the template to create the geometric diamond pattern on the bottom tier. This is not a tutorial…you are buying a lined design (see pictures above to show you what you are buying).
2. There will be a seam in the back of the cake with this design. Due to set cutter sizes and various cake circumferences, you will not have a perfect, continuous design. Please use this template with that in mind.
Have fun and please post pics so I can see all the fun you are having with these templates!
Basic Skills Necessary:
- Stack, fill, crumb coat a cake to a smooth finish or cover a cake in fondant.
- Understand how the wax paper transfer method works I teach in “Clean & Simple Cake Design” class
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- In this PDF packet you will receive THREE design layouts for 1″ triangles, 1-1/8″ triangles and 1-1/2″ triangles. See product description and photos for more information.
- This is for any size cake. The template includes options for a 4″ tall cake and 6″ tall cake. For any other size, you can cut the template down or add to it by making multiple copies for taller cakes.
- 1″ or 1-1/8″ or 1-1/2″ square or triangle cutters (see pattern description for more details)
- Wax paper, cellophane or parchment paper
- Shortening preferred (Crisco, Sweetex) or butter
- Fondant, gumpaste or modeling chocolate