This pdf template is designed to help you layout the Quarter Round Circle Square pattern on the cake pictured above. This is for the lined template only. There are written directions within the pdf on how to use the wax paper transfer method to execute the design, but I am assuming you have already taken my first class, “Clean & Simple Cake Design” and understand how to use the wax paper transfer method. It’s an incredible easy technique that allows you to transfer any graphic or pattern onto your cake simply and precisely using this template as a guide.
In this pdf packet, you will receive TWO layout designs for this pattern. Each layout is for a 4″ tall and a 6″ tall cake, you you’ll be getting four templates. The only differences is the size of the cutter used. One is a 3/4″ quarter round cutter and one is a 5/8″ quarter round cutter. See picture above to see pattern differences.
You may use this template/design on a fondant, ganached or buttercream covered cake. If using buttercream, the cake must be chilled and firm in order to press on the design.
I am Not Just Cakes By Annie: “Quarter Round Cutter Set“. This design can change dramatically based on how you choose to color your fondant and lay out your quarter round tiles. Here are some layouts so you can see how color and design can effect the pattern.
1. This pdf does NOT include information on how to cover cakes in fondant or how to create a flower for the cake. This pdf is ONLY to provide you with the template to create the quarter round circle square pattern n on the bottom tier. This is not a tutorial…you are buying a lined design to help you perfectly lay out the pattern (see pictures above to show you what you are buying).
2. There will be a seam in the back of the cake with this design. Due to set cutter sizes and various cake circumferences, you will not have a perfect, continuous design. Please use this template with that in mind.
Have fun and please post pics so I can see all the fun you are having with these templates!
Basic Skills Necessary:
- Stack, fill, crumb coat a cake to a smooth finish or cover a cake in fondant.
- Understand how the wax paper transfer method works I teach in “Clean & Simple Cake Design” class
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- This is for any size cake. The template includes options for a 4″ tall cake and 6″ tall cake. For any other size, you can cut the template down or add to it by making multiple copies for taller cakes.
- Fondant, gumpaste or modeling chocolate
- Shortening preferred (Crisco, Sweetex) or butter
- Wax paper, cellophane or parchment paper
- Cutter: Not Just Cakes By Annie: ” “Quarter Round Cutter Set“