This pdf template is designed to help you layout the arrow pattern on the cake pictured above. This is for the lined template only. There are a few pictures on how to cut out the arrow lines from fondant or modeling chocolate. I also have written directions on how to use the wax paper transfer method to execute the design, but I am assuming you have already taken my first class, “Clean & Simple Cake Design” and understand how to use the wax paper transfer method. It’s an incredible easy technique that allows you to transfer any graphic or pattern onto your cake simply and precisely using this template as a guide.
In the PDF packet, you will receive TWO layouts. One for an offset design, and one for a lined up arrow design. I also give you some other design ideas and color combinations
You may use this template/design on a fondant, ganached or buttercream covered cake. If using buttercream, the cake must be chilled and firm in order to press on the design.
I am not using a special cutter for this design. I show you how to create 1/8″ strips of fondant that you cut and add to the wax paper template in order to create this design. Only a single edge blade razor (or exacto knife with #11 blade) and a clear ruler (like a quilter’s ruler) is needed. For these tools, you can visit my store on Amazon.
1. This pdf does NOT include information on how to create the wafer paper flower. This pdf is ONLY to provide you with the template to create the arrow pattern on the bottom tier. This is not a tutorial…you are buying a lined design to help you lay out the arrow pattern seen above.
2. There will potentially be a seam in the back of the cake with this design. Due to various cake circumferences, you will may not have a perfect, continuous design. Please use this template with that in mind.
Have fun and please post pics so I can see all the fun you are having with these templates!
Basic Skills Necessary:
- Stack, fill, crumb coat a cake to a smooth finish or cover a cake in fondant.
- Understand how the wax paper transfer method works I teach in my “Clean & Simple Cake Design” class
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- This is for any size cake. The template includes options for a 4″ tall cake and 6″ tall cake. For any other size, you can cut the template down or add to it by making multiple copies for taller cakes.
- In the PDF packet, you will receive TWO layouts. One for an offset design, and one for a lined up arrow design. I also give you some other design ideas and color combinations.
- Wax paper, cellophane or parchment paper
- Shortening preferred (Crisco, Sweetex) or butter
- Fondant, gumpaste or modeling chocolate
- Single edge blade razor or exacto knife
- Clear ruler, like a quilter’s ruler (See my store on Amazon for all my favorite tools.
- *No cutter required*